Thursday, September 18, 2014

Charity confession







I donated $2 dollars to the orphanage to show my support to alleviate income disparity.





Okay, honestly, that's a lie. Really. I believe I donated for all the wrong reasons. For guilt. It felt that I had just bought myself half a year free of guilt, the guilt from seeing how I got it better than many. Yes, I am a hypocrite.






Though it's no excuse, it is human nature to be somewhat hypocritical, either good or bad. I donated for freedom from guilt. Others can donate to make themselves look better. Companies can aid charities to advertise and promote their brands. Well, for whatever reason, at least we have a common method of obtaining what we covet. Least, we are donating or doing charity.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting take on donations to charity. People do not want to feel guilt, and if the escape is charity, then so be it.

    ReplyDelete