Thursday, September 11, 2014

Political Compass


What is this? It's a compass. A political compass. Take your time. I did not get it the first time either. 

Okay. So why does something like this exist? To distinguish Stalin from Gandhi. What?
Weird huh? Allow me to explain...


This tells you whether you want absolute control over the economic like Pol Pot and Stalin or absolute market freedom like General Pinochet. Of course, there will be people who are not truly align themselves with the extreme left or right. You can be half way to the left or right or right in the middle of the 2 extreme.
Back to the example above, Gandhi and Statin are considered leftist. How do we tell them apart you ask? The social aspect. The authoritarian put the state before the individual.  The Libertarian, well take a guess? they like the individual idea more. 

I, myself, has always revered the idea of individualism, that everyone is capable of greatness. It is conformity that has submerged creativity. I would sometimes even consider myself to be an anarchist. Nevertheless, I still believe in a mild form of authority must still exist so that our society won't turn into a sequel of the Purge (it's not pretty) 

The political compass test is legit. no joke. Just look, that's my political stand right there in the pretty picture. 

So then, where are you on that compass?


No comments:

Post a Comment